Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 4: Legacy #captureyourgrief

Legacy-

I started by asking myself what, exactly, is a legacy?  So, I looked around online and found this:

"Often when you think about legacy, it’s something that is left behind after a person has passed... The requirements of a legacy are that you embrace your uniqueness...so that your gift will be to all and...will have a life beyond that of you, its creator, outliving and outlasting your time on earth."

Hmmmmm...  But how can someone who's life had barely begun possibly leave a legacy??  Well, I think the best way to define Gabriel's legacy is to go the route of how, in his very short time with us, he changed my life.  For starters, I cry more.  I'm not sure how long that will last, but I suspect it's just a new personality trait.  I now live in a new reality where life is a little more fragile and a piece of me is missing.  There are little reminders of what I lost everywhere, and I wear my heart on my sleeve!  Now that the sad stuff has been said, there is a lot of good that Gabriel left behind, too!  From this experience I have learned to more fully trust in the Lord and His plan for me!  I am more convinced than ever that He will not allow more hardship than I can handle.  I also know that, if we will allow it, He will be right there by our side in every step of our trials.  I know now not to take for granted that things will go as they should, because you never know!  What happened with Gabriel has inspired me to get healthier, to try a little harder in everything I do, and to love the ones I love just a little more!  Hopefully the good stuff lasts as long as the sad. ;)




P.S.  I really hope to be able to make some sort of memory box, keepsake, blankets... I don't know, something...to donate to local hospitals or other bereaved parents, I just haven't gotten that far yet ;). One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment