Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day 10: Beliefs #captureyourgrief

BELIEFS-

Oh my! I don't think one post & picture could ever be enough to cover my beliefs!  I will say that this is an important one for me, as I have relied heavily on my faith and beliefs through this period!  I can't really say why, but this experience hasn't made me question my faith, if anything it has strengthened it.  There's a lot to say on this subject, but I'm going to try to keep this fairly succinct...

I believe that we existed as spirits before this life, and that a large part of why we were sent here to Earth is to recieve a physical body, and to learn the lessons necessary to return home.  I believe some spirits have been faithful enough that they need only to come long enough to recieve their body and can return without any further trial.  I've heard some say that there can't possibly be a reason for one's child to be taken from them, but I believe that everything happens for a reason.  We may or may not ever know why things happen the way they do, but I do NOT believe that we're left to be tossed in the wind or left in the hands of fate.  I believe in a kindlovingomnipotent Father in Heaven.  I believe that He allows trials and hard times to happen to us to teach us lessons we need to learn and proves our faithfulness, the "refiner's fire", but I don't believe God causes these trials to come upon us to punish us, nor wishes them upon us.  I think He hurts and grieves right alongside us in times of sorrow.  I know from my own experiences that He will always be there to comfort us if we reach out to Him.  I believe that Jesus Christ is our Savior and has provided us a way to return to Him again! I believe there is life after death and that families can be together forever!  I believe that we can speak to our Father in Heaven through prayer and that He will answer!  Do I know for certain I will see Gabriel again?  If I were to be completely honest I would have to say no, as miscarriage is a "gray area"- BUT I have hope that I will because families are forever!  More than anything else, I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and a Savior who understands my heartache!  I know He will never leave me comfortless!  President Thomas S. Monson (the President of our church and our Prophet) said in a recent address "Only the Master knows the depths of our trials, our pain, and our suffering. He alone offers us eternal peace in times of adversity. He alone touches our tortured souls with His comforting words: “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 


(Angel Moroni atop the LDS Temple in Atlanta, GA)

No comments:

Post a Comment